Monday 16 April 2018

Cassette Ordering

I have now ordered my cassettes for my playlist to be put onto. My playlist consists of 23 songs which added up to 88 minutes and 63 seconds, so I needed to order cassettes which wound to C90 (90 minutes in total, 45 minutes per side).

The website that I used to order my cassettes was retrostylemedia.co.uk, the website consisted of a huge range of lovely cassettes and cassette cases which was also quite overwhelming, but overall the website was a great one to use. I ordered 5 cassettes and 5 cases all together so I had a nice range of colours to experiment with. All of my cassettes and cases costed around or under £1, adding up to £9.55. However, the payment overall came to £18.60 because of how expensive the postage was. For this reason, I probably won't use this website again.

Overall, I was extremely impressed by the quality and the colours of the cassettes and cases once they arrived, I loved all of them!

Items ordered:

Cassettes

  • Baby pink cassette: I instantly loved this one as soon as I saw it so I just had to put it into my basket as pink is my favourite colour, it is also one of my 5 colours.
  • Clear 'prison' cassette: I ordered a clear one as it had a nice vintage looking aesthetic which ties in well with my genre; 70s era. Also, most of my cassettes were single colours so I felt like I needed a clear one.
  • Retro orange cassette: I ordered this one as it looked extremely 70s and retro! This one ties in really well with my micro-genre. Burnt orange was also one of my 5 colours, colour of clothing was often very burnt and muted in the 70s (mainly daytime wear)
  • Transparent purple case: This cassette was very reminiscent of the 70s disco era. My playlist consists of a lot of disco and upbeat music so this cassette was perfect. It is also one of my 5 colours as well as one of my favourites.
  • Bright yellow cassette: I ordered this case as it screamed fun to me, it also links in with one of my 5 symbols being the popular 70s yellow smiley face/badge.
Cases
  • Transparent purple case: I ordered this one for the same reason as the transparent purple cassette; relating to the 70s disco era. I think this case will work well with the yellow cassette.
  • Transparent turquoise case: I thought this case work contrast really nice with the baby pink cassette, or maybe even the retro orange cassette.
  • 3x clear cases: Clear cases were needed to be ordered so that the colours of the cassettes were bright and clear to see. Also, so that nothing clashed with the colours.



No comments:

Post a Comment