Friday 20 April 2018

J-Card Designs Crit

This afternoon I received feedback on my 5 J-card designs throughout a silent critique. I found this critique useful as it allowed me to see which designs work best in other peoples opinion and areas that need improving. I received an even amount of positive feedback as well as areas to improve.

Positive feedback;
  • Loves the spreads; they create impact whilst still being appropriate to genre
  • The choice of imagery fits well with style and time period
  • Loves all of these, thinks they are super playful and feminine almost, thought this perfectly reflects the disco sound and aesthetic
  • The textures also emphasise a retro aesthetic which is really nice
  • 3 and 4 are the most successful designs, they are bright and colourful and work well with the visual imagery and text
  • My style of working is clear to see throughout all the designs
  • Loves the first design with the addition of type, nature imagery, clouds, subdued tones really match the soft but fun music
  • First design is favourite
  • 3rd from bottom is a nice change in its minimalism 
  • Loves the choice of colours schemes within the designs, have definitely included imagery and composition which suit the era of the 70s
  • 3rd design is the best
Areas to improve;
  • Be more experimental with the layout of the songs on the inside, looks more like a CD? Make the inside as experimental and busy as the outside; I agree, but I mainly put the songs in that layout just for ideas of where they could be placed, I am planning on being more experimental with the layout once I receive my crit on Monday and after creating some type to play with
  • Can see the link to disco on design 3, but the use of pattern/imagery is stronger on other designs; I tried a more abstract approach on design 3, I also think the pattern and imagery on the other designs is better
  • The 3rd from bottom design is successful, but brighter colours might work better
  • Quite a girly aesthetic, try to make them appeal more to a male audience too; I agree, some of the designs play on the intimate and romantic lyrics that run throughout the songs, which is why some designs appear to have a more feminine style.
  • Stick to the brighter and vibrant colours rather than the pastel colours

No comments:

Post a Comment