Monday 23 April 2018

Group Crit

Today I had a group critique with Ben and my group. In the found this group crit more useful than the silent crits last week as in this crit I was actually able to explain my genre in terms of what it actually is, where it comes from, the time period etc. I found it useful actually hearing other peoples opinions as well for what works best within my flag and J-card designs.

Things mentioned throughout the critique/things that I will research next:

  • Research into radio more and interpret it into my designs; radio waves, radio patterns, dials, the actual inside of a radio etc. I really liked this idea suggested by Ben, experimenting with the radio wave patterns and dials will create a nice contrast with the imagery already used.
  • The name of the genre is interesting
  • Maybe play with more burnt colours as burnt colours were worn in the 70s, see if they work better than the vibrant colours
  • Research into Melvin Lindsey and WHUR-FM; the radio format was created by him while he was an intern at the Washington, D.C. radio station WHUR-FM.
  • The more disco/vibrant imagery pieces work better than the historical/romantic imagery. The disco style and objects are more 70s which relates to the genre better
  • Flag 1 and 5 work the best. I personally like these the most as well
  • For typography, look at the typefaces used in the 70s. Begin to play with the objects that I've created, start creating letters to see how they look. I think maybe I could write the title 'Quiet Storm' with objects, or the track numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment