Friday 27 April 2018

Packaging Initial Ideas

I have now begun to come up with ideas for the packaging of my cassettes. The packaging needs to be something interesting and unique, instead of just a normal cardboard box. The receiver of the cassettes needs to be intrigued by instantly purely by the packaging as it gives a lot more personality to the actual cassette design before its even seen.


  • Idea 1: Either a disco ball box shaped box or a disco ball texture (metallic squares) style box (figure 1). I feel that the idea of having a box in a different shape to a typical box is a lot more interesting, however this will be really complicated and time consuming to make, so I will try and find something similar online or a circular box that I can then customise to look like a disco ball. Using a normal box but covering it in disco ball texture may be more realistic and easy to create.

  • Idea 2: Aviator sun glasses inspired (figure 2): Coloured glass boxes or transparent coloured boxes to play on the idea of 70s fashion, aviator glasses were extremely popular in the era of Quiet Storm. I think the transparency would look really effective, especially coloured.

  • Idea 3: The idea of the cassettes being packaged in a birthday present box; playing on the theme of a party to link with the event/party invites idea that I have for the object that I could create. I really like this idea as the link between the two would work really well, I could also experiment with loads of different box colours, patterns (figure 3) and sizes.

Figure 1

Figure 2

Figure 3

No comments:

Post a Comment