Thursday 5 April 2018

Quiet Storm Playlist

I have now started to create my playlist based on the micro-genre Quiet Storm. I listened to a bunch of different playlists based on this genre and begun to note down songs that I found interesting and that I enjoyed listening to.

I found narrowing down my playlist to a 90 minute long playlist quite challenging as there were so many songs that I loved, this is why I've chosen to do a 90 minute cassette instead of 60 minutes as I struggled to even narrow it down to 90 minutes. My final playlist consists of 23 songs; 88 minutes and 63 seconds.

The overall playlist has a very 70s disco, love, jazzy sort of feel, when listening to the playlist I found myself dancing and singing along, it is a very upbeat and dancey playlist. Some of the songs also remind me of childhood a little bit as my mum often listened to music like this, in particular; The Jacksons, Diana Ross and Roberta Flack.

I have created my playlist on Spotify as a public playlist so that I and the public can listen to it if people enjoy it. I really enjoyed creating this playlist as I love all of the songs in it, the songs were carefully selected and put into this particular order. I will continue to listen to my playlist regularly throughout working on this brief to keep myself inspired for new ideas and themes to play with when experimenting and developing my design work


Link to my playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/1155347332/playlist/559W0IiJPXXfN55JlvGMvE

Playlist:
1. Best of My Love- The Emotions
2. Lets Hear It for The Boy- Deniece Williams
3. Rhythm Of The Night- DeBarge
4. Im Every Woman- Chaka Khan, Lew Hahn
5. Forget Me Nots- Patrice Rushen
6. Killing Me Softly With His Song- Roberta Flack
7. He's Alright- Regina Belle
8. Super Freak- Rick James
9. Juicy Fruit- Mtume
10. Got to Be Real- Cheryl Lynn
11. Love Come Down- Evelyn "Champagne" King
12. Ain't No Mountain High Enough- Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell
13. Ain't Nobody- Rufus, Chaka Khan
14. Pick up the Pieces- Average White Band
15. Im Coming Out- Diana Ross
16. Get Down On It- Kool & The Gang
17. All Night Long- Mary Jane Girls
18. Poison- Bell Biv DeVoe
19. Boogie Wonderland- Earth, Wind & Fire, The Emotions
20. Blame It on the Boogie- The Jacksons
21. Ain't No Sunshine- Bill Withers
22. Lovin'You 1993 Digital Remaster- Minnie Riperton
23. Le Freak- CHIC

No comments:

Post a Comment