Monday 30 April 2018

More J-Card Research

In order to develop my J-Card designs further, I felt that it was important for me to research into more actual previous J-Card designs and layout. I am happy with my J-Card design at the moment, however I want to try some more experimental layout outs and styles using the imagery and colours to see how it would look if it had more of a busier or minimal aesthetic. I want to experiment with adding more little details and maybe repeated pattern.

I really love the design below as the contrast between the J-Card design and the actual cassette colours work extremely well: pink and white. This will be something to consider when deciding which cassette to use, it was a good decision for me to order 5 different cassette colours as I now have a wide range of colours to choose from and I already have 3 cassettes that use colours that appear in my design. I also really like the funky illustration with the plain block colour background.


I found this design interesting because of the bright neon green of the actual cassette, with the little neon detailing on the J-Card design, the digital aesthetic of the whole thing works really well, however my genre is more retro. The collaged aesthetic of the TV on the road background is interesting, collage is something I could play around with.


On the designs in the 2 images below I think the use of 2 colours throughout each cassette design works extremely well, a limited colour palette looks more professional. this would also be better for screen printing, as mixing too many colours might get too complicated. I may limit my J-Card colour palette down as at the moment it uses 4 colours. 



I think in this design the actual cassette is more successful than the J-Card design because of how effective the vinyl/printed blue text looks on the pink cassette, it creates a really nice contrast and it is unique. However, I can't see the links between the cassette and the J-Card design very clearly.


No comments:

Post a Comment