Friday 19 October 2018

Embossed Designs

This afternoon I began to emboss some cover designs using the stencils I had designed and cut myself using the laser cutter. I am extremely happy with how they all turned out, the embossed sheets turned out deeper and more detailed since I used a thick mount board for my stencils. I tried out a few different designs and compositions so that I could see which actually looks best once embossed- I will most probably combine the designs that worked best into one final design for my cover/covers.

The contrast between the mandala/Arabic patterns and typography works extremely well without being over complicated, however I think I definitely need to use a different typeface for the English text...maybe something that has a link with the aesthetic of the Arabic type.

My favourite designs from this afternoon were the first and third, I will experiment with combining these two into one and then emboss the new design created. Overall, this technique gives a really nice classy, rich and delicate look which is what I aimed for.





No comments:

Post a Comment