Friday 26 October 2018

G.F Smith Visit

Today we had a visit from the company G.F Smith, they offers paper products, special makes and highly bespoke services tailored specifically to customers as well as popular and smaller brands of the creative industries. I found the talk extremely interesting as I never realised how interesting and varied paper could actually be.

They had a wide range of samples out for us to look at which was useful as this brief is all about production methods; paper stock and paper techniques are extremely important towards this. It was also helpful since they had a lot of samples which combined embossing and foiling, which is what I want to use throughout my book.

Images of samples I found interesting and relevant to the production of my book:

Textured foiling

Gloss foiling onto matte paper

Black foil on black card

Interesting paper textures used for envelopes

Embossing, de-bossing and foiling all in one

Foiled emboss design

Foiling

De-bossed business card

Two different types of foil on one paper

De-bossed business card

Combination of 2 different paper stocks on one card

No comments:

Post a Comment