Monday 8 October 2018

Possible theme ideas

From yesterdays critique, I have started to make a mind map for themes I could possibly base my publication on.

Idea 1:

  • Mixture of the 3 styles (contemporary, illustrative and transport) to make one theme- reflecting the craziness and popularity of Barcelona...about the unrest of Barcelona
  • Celebrating /reflecting Barcelona through collage based on unusual Barcelona imagery and typography based on Spanish language
Idea 2:
  • One of the interesting points which was mentioned throughout my group critique was to consider the languages that are spoken in Barcelona- this could inspire and have an impact on the language and typography that I use alongside my collaged aesthetic throughout the publication.
  • Barcelona is the cosmopolitan capital of Spains Catalonia region. Catalan and Castilian Spanish are the two official languages in Catalonia, and in Barcelona, both are widely spoken.
  • Base it on the 4 languages and use a colour palette of 4 throughout the publication
Idea 3:
  • One of the themes out of the 3 was illustrative type used for small businesses and brands in order to achieve a more personal aesthetic- this was the theme I found most interesting. Search for more of this but in Leeds?

No comments:

Post a Comment