Friday 19 October 2018

Group Crit

Today I had a group crit in which I presented the experiments that I have created this week, as well as new ideas that I could possibly develop further.

In the crit I mentioned two main things that I needed advice on how to go about developing; the layout of the double page spreads (one side English and one side Urdu/Arabic, but how should I actually lay it out??). I also asked which binding methods they thought would be most appropriate for my book.

Feedback and my notes:

  • The binding method could relate back to the target audience of travellers- could the book be  bound in a way which would allow it to be clipped onto a backpack/clothes?
  • Perfect bound could be hard to keep open and they often fall apart, but still test it
  • Concertina opening
  • Open back to front (English vs Urdu)...two different covers- front is english side, back is Arabic side but use the same aesthetics and colours throughout. Keep a consistent design.
  • Next week, begin to think more about content moving forward- whats actually being written in it
  • The mandala patterns/shapes show that it is about Urdu- the asian patterns make it easy to recognise the books theme and what it may be about, making it less confusing for people wanting to purchase?
  • Two different openings, split in the middle. One opening for English and one for Urdu.

No comments:

Post a Comment