Sunday 28 October 2018

Further Page Developments

After my trip to Colours May Vary, I have started to think more thoroughly about the layout of my double page spreads. The layouts that I have been experimenting with the past week feel a little bit too basic, the layouts do still need to look minimal as language books can be often be confusing.

As my cover uses a detailed mandala pattern on it, I thought the idea of pattern could also run through my double page spreads on the page where singular letters are used. The idea of a singular letter with the Arabic equivalent to the letter would still be on every right page, but the idea of pattern would be explored instead of just using the two singular letters. The patterns would experiment with repetition, scale and composition, reflection, shape and outlines.

I also don't want my book to be too busy and jam packed- making it more confusing. This is why I have limited the amount of pages down to 9- Urdu is spoken in 9 different countries; Pakistan, Afghanistan, Persian Gulf countries, Saudi Arabia, United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Norway and Australia.


The English letter and the Arabic letter would still be foiled in different colours. These are the mockups of the 9 pages that I will print and foil this coming week. I will then present them to my peers and tutors to gain feedback on which areas need developing. 











No comments:

Post a Comment