Monday 8 October 2018

Presentation Group Crit

Throughout my presentation, I mentioned that throughout my 40 photographs there was not a consistent theme that linked all the images/typography together. I spoke out how I split my the theme into 3 different categories; minimal/contemporary type which was used for restaurants and other popular businesses, the illustrative type which was used for smaller quirky businesses and brands in order to achieve a personal look, and the third category which was based on transport around Barcelona; simple and legible type.

I mentioned that throughout the collaged postcards my aim was to combine the three categories into one, I chose to create postcards as it links to Barcelona- an extremely popular tourist attraction where postcards are easily accessible all over the city.

Feedback received;

  • Everyone seemed to like the theme of the 3 categories combined- it was mentioned that this reflects Barcelona as a city as it is a very hectic and popular tourist attraction- theme could be based on hectic Barcelona.
  • Juxtaposition between the themes works well- play on this more
  • No set style- is this a style? linking back to hectic Barcelona
  • Continue with the postcards and the mixed aesthetic
  • Hand drawn, could you make more using the methods in the photographs? (linking to the illustrative category)
  • Research into Barcelona and its history
  • For typography and language think about the languages spoke in Barcelona...Catalonia and Spanish are the two main languages- compare the two and use words from these languages in the publication?
  • The theme of journey- how does it feel to be in such a hectic place?










No comments:

Post a Comment