Tuesday 16 October 2018

Quick Cover and DPS Experiments

I have begun to make some quick double page spread and cover designs which experiment the idea of a book that works in English as well as Arabic; the book will work as a normal english book (left to right) whilst at the same time working as an Arabic book which is typically right to left. This would be achieved by flipping the book upside down.

My original idea was to keep the overall aesthetic quite minimal but effective as I don't want it to become confusing with the two languages/alphabets going on in one. I am also wanting to emboss and foil my publication cover as well as the pages inside.

However, I think that these designs may be a little bit too simple, there is a need for some subtle imagery on the cover to create contrast between the typography. The imagery could possibly be inspired by Arabic patterns found in mosques as they are extremely beautiful and intricate; I want my book to have an overall classy and rich aesthetic.

The double page spreads contain history and general information about the language Urdu, the English page is then translated in Arabic on the other side, upside down.






No comments:

Post a Comment