Monday 26 November 2018

App Development

I have now started to develop the app pages and links using colours and content, as well as responding to feedback from Fridays critique.

The colour palette has been changed from a gradient pink to a gradient peach; critique comments mentioned that this colour palette worked best out of the ones I displayed and asked for a vote on. The peach is still feminine whilst not being too much (the pink was a bit TOO girly). The two colours that I have used for the gradient are Pantone 155 C and Pantone 2029 C. I have applied the new colour palette to the 4 pages that I made last week and on the new pages/links that I created today.



Furthermore, one of the critique comments mentioned that they liked how the first mockups integrated similar layouts to insta/snapchat as they are apps that people are pretty familiar with, I hadn't actually realised this myself. I have continued to incorporates some similar layout features to popular apps that the user is already familiar with; making it easier for the user to navigate right from the start. A lot of apps can be confusing when they require a lot of adjusting.  

Additionally, I have added content into the scanning page. I felt that I needed to show what happens after the shoe scans successfully and how you actually add it to the gallery afterwards automatically. Once the shoe is scanned, a little box pops up once the app has synced the shoe details from the original shoe apps, you can then add the shoe to your gallery (the second image shows a mockup of this).

All I need to do now is develop a mockup which uses a photograph of actual shoes. The photograph/camera screen goes behind the peach gradient. 


I have also developed a gallery page and a suggestions page. The gallery page displays all of the users shoes that they have scanned in, this allows them to easily look at all of their shoes outside of the category page (a lot easier than physically searching for shoes at home) the little heart represents shoes that are in their 'favourites'. The layout is simple as some people have a lot of shoes, it can't be too busy and confusing. However, I do think it needs more developing.

Additionally, one of the critique comments from Friday mentioned that the app could suggest shoes based on the shoes the user already has in their collection, for example if the user needed a new pair of trainers for the gym. I loved this idea as I often find myself on suggestion pages when online shopping (if there is one). The suggestions link is also useful because at the same time it promotes the shoe apps/brands that it is an extension of.

When clicking on the information icon next to the shoe, the app gives your information on which app you can buy the shoes on. 

Gallery page

Suggestions page

Furthermore, the 'categories' page also needs a lot of developing as at the moment I think it looks a little bit too boring and basic. In order to do this, I could create little icons based on each category and make the boxes look more like buttons/links.


All the app developments so far

No comments:

Post a Comment