Saturday 10 November 2018

Final Book with Pouch

I have now made my final embroidered pouch that my book will go into. The pouch takes its inspiration from mosques and clothing/accessories that are worn in countries where Urdu originated from. Embroidery relates to this as asian clothing very often uses this technique.

Also, since I have decided to stick with the soft back cover version, the embroidered pouch will help to protect the book from getting ruined whilst travelling; the book is aimed at travellers. The concept of protection also relates back to mosques as they are treated with respect and kept clean- the same way the book will be kept in its pouch.

The white silk matches the cold white shade of the paper stock that I have used for the inside pages. The silk also gives a really nice classy aesthetic which is what I wanted. I stitched the pouch using a sewing machine instead of hand sewing for a neater finish, I also lined the silk with another layer of fabric on the inside so that the other side of the embroidery isn't visible.

I used my practice pouch as a guide when measuring and cutting down the embroidered silk piece that I used for my final pouch. I am extremely happy with how the final pouch has turned out.



Final pouch:



No comments:

Post a Comment