Monday 19 November 2018

Logo Initial Ideas

Additionally, I have started to create some logo ideas. The first set that I created (using the high heel) weren't successful at all, I feel that the designs look too pastiche and basic, I tried to combine imagery of a shoe with a camera- reflecting on the idea of scanning the shoe into the app using the camera. However, I felt something more minimal would work best as most recognisable apps stick to a simple illustration/typography.

For the second experiment, I created an illustration of a trainer. I felt a trainer was more relevant most women (including myself) tend to wear flats on an everyday basis, heels are more of an occasional thing, a trainer is also less basic. The trainer illustration is inspired by Adidas Sam Smith trainers. I used a Pantone pink shade in the shoe as it is feminine and soft- the shoe apps that I am creating the extension to mainly use white with one other main colour.

Rejected Designs



I decided that the version which incorporates the scan edges worked best as it communicates the idea of shoe scanning- the main focus/feature of the app. I also felt this was the most interesting, but I still think I could develop this further. I have placed the logo and some imagery roughly into one of my wireframe designs to see how it could look.






No comments:

Post a Comment