Monday 12 November 2018

Studio Brief 2 Briefing

Design for screen

Create an immersive and engaging screen based user experience for a media of your choice, this could be a website, app, streaming service etc. The idea of app design interests me most.

Before diving straight in, I need to identify the following;
  • The client
  • The problem- I need something to solve
  • The target audience
  • The overarching aim of the project (what am I trying to achieve)
What is a persona? A representation of a particular audience segment for a website / product / service you are designing. Based on real users. Example of a persona; Instagram starter pack memes (the ones about certain types of people/stereotypes)

-Global? Digital formats are viewed on a global scale- this needs to inform my approach and design decisions 
-Use mixed media- combination of image, audio, video should be considered where relevant
-Research what already exists in the design world

Research: 
This week:
  • Develop a concept/rationale for my "design for screen" What is the issue that needs solving
  • Write my brief
  • Who is my audience? 'Persona'
  • Research into 'topic' and screen based design! Appropriate aesthetics for certain concepts as well etc
  • What does my design for screen response need to include? Pages...UX/UI...
UX and UI:

UX- Function and impact of function. The users experience.
UI- Form, look and style.

UI; User interface:

Navigation, sub navigation, menus, drop-downs, buttons, links, windows, rounded corners, shadowing, error messages, alerts, updates, check boxes, search fields, text inputs, radio selections, text areas etc etc.

Great product experience starts with UX design followed by UI

-Responding to UX with UI

No comments:

Post a Comment