Wednesday 28 November 2018

Search Extension & Icon Development

I have created an extension page for the search page, showing what would come up once you've used the search bar. The page that I created shows an example of a search for 'black boots'.  The search results simply show all of the black boots from the users gallery with a description of each pair of shoes; the name, brand and colour (black obviously). The page also subtly displays how many pairs of black boots the user owns.

The first mockup that I created uses the original peach gradient with white text. However, I felt like the peach gradient was a little bit too heavy as the rest of the page also heavily uses the gradient. I then developed the page using the gradient with a lower opacity (this is also used on the scan page and the drop box menu page example), with black text. This works a lot better as it is more subtle and the black text is more legible and professional.


Additionally, I have created an app icon after doing some more research on the apple app design guidelines. The app icon is visible on the home screen and apple store; it is the first thing that the user will see so it needs to be eye catching. The app icon needs to be simple so that it is recognisable and provide a single focus point. The apple guide lines also say that the app icon should only include words if they are essential to the logo and that photographic elements should be avoided.


I have kept my app icon extremely simple; using the same minimal design as my apps launch screen (the logo with the gradient peach background)

No comments:

Post a Comment