Wednesday 28 November 2018

Specific Page Development

I have continued to develop my apps pages this week but I have focused on specific pages more thoroughly where I think needs more tweaking. So far this week, I have focused on the scanning/camera page and the category page. I have also created an extension page for the category list page (showing the page that comes up once you click onto one of the categories), I have also created the search page.

The category page has been developed through making the links look more like buttons through using the peach gradient instead of the just the white background with lines to separate each category. I have created two different developments, the first one uses the categories in rounded boxes to make them look more like buttons, whereas the other development uses still uses the full rectangles with the arrows on the far right, but instead with the peach gradient.

The first one looks more like buttons but the other one looks neater, so not sure which one to go with. I will raise this issue in Fridays critique and get people to vote on which they prefer.

Before


Below shows two different developments of how the page would look once you click onto one of the categories, I created a page for the 'Date Night' category. This page uses a similar layout to the 'suggestions' for the users ease, also because it is successful because it shows the shoe on a large scale with its details. The first development uses a small banner on the top which displays how many pairs are in this category, as well as a little link for the recently added pairs to this category. The final version of this page (second image) has removed the light gradient banner as it looked too tacky and unnecessary, instead it simply uses black text- a lot more minimal and legible. The 'info' icon is also changed from a black circle to the peach gradient to match the overall page aesthetic better. 

'Date Night' category link developments

Additionally, I have added more content into the scanning/camera page. The first page is purely just the camera where you photograph the shoes by placing them in the box. The second page shows what comes up once the user presses the camera button and the app recognises the pair of shoes from the other apps; a little box appears with the basic information of the shoe with a link to add it to your gallery. 

The first photograph I used for this development (the red carpet) clashed too much with the peach gradient. I then developed this the page by taking the photograph on a more subtle floor (light wood), I also positioned the shoes better to fit into the scanning box as well as changing the camera button to a white outline.


I have also created a search page which allows the user to input keywords such as the colour or name of the shoe in order to find a specific pair of shoes that they have in mind easier than going onto their gallery or the category page. The search page brings up the apple keyboard as the user is more familiar with the apple keyboard than if I were to make a custom keyboard, it is also obviously more relevant for an iPhone in general. I used the template of the apple keyboard but in the light/white colour mode as it matches the app more than the dark mode. I still think this page needs a bit of tweaking.


All the pages/links so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment