Wednesday 16 January 2019

Brochur Ideas/Poster Development

I have decided that I want to also create a brochure for the Durex campaign. The brochure contains specific information that Durex have provided for the brief (the article that I previously research into) titled ' 'New data reveals 420,000 cases of STIs diagnosed in 2017' which was published in June 2018 by Public Health England.

The brochure will either be A5 travel side so that it is easier to carry around and slot into a bag, or a fold out leaflet as it is more interesting. The brochure will be available at the doctors, sexual health clinics and pharmacies.

The brochure uses the same images as in the posters, at the moment I'm not sure whether I will use the exact images for the posters too or take new photos for the brochure, however using some of the same images would help to tie them in together nicely.

The pages follow a square grid inspired by the shape of a condom packet, the colour of the text is also inspired by the colour of the condom packet so that each page is different in a way- this also relates to the different types of condoms that Durex provide. Additionally, hand written type is used for the messages relates to the photographs as hand written type relates to daily life which is what the photographs tackle. Furthermore, the wallet image uses repeated handwritten text which takes its inspiration from the fact that you repeat the things that you need to take with you/in your wallet before leaving the house. The toothbrush image uses squigly/wavey hand written text as it relates to the squigles in toothpaste and the shape the toothpaste makes when putting it onto a tooth brush.




Below are the first refinements of the posters using a black background and white hand written text.




Below shows the first experiments using a white background instead. I think I prefer the white as it adds more light and positivity, which is relevant because the topic of the brief is quite sensitive- the black gave a more gloomy vibe.

To develop my brochure further, I think I need less text on each page so I will need to add more pages and experiment with point type and composition more. I also need to experiment with the hand written type a little more as it feels out of place in some areas. I will also need to create a cover for the brochure which I would like to keep purely type based.




No comments:

Post a Comment