Thursday 24 January 2019

Publication Testing

Today I printed the Durex publication/info guide that I created in order to see what it actually looks like so far (not completely finished). However, when I printed it I wasn't really happy with how it looked physically, I thought it looked quite basic and it just wasn't fun and quirky enough like I wanted, since the age group is older teens and young adults I wanted it to look more fun.

I think the reason why it doesn't look as great as I'd like is because the pages look quite big and too spread out, with a lot of negative space on the pages with type. Additionally, the type also looked too big as it was 12pt, usually 9pt/10pt is best for publications. I also didn't like how the white lines looked on the photographs physically. I want to re-design the publication possibly more like a leaflet/fold out brochure and in a different size and layout, but still using a square grid so it is still relevant to condoms. I also still want to use the photographs that I took as they are shot well/crisp and interesting.

I printed the publication in black and white as well as colour. Also when I re-design this, I will remove the illustrative white lines as the photographs are already strong enough and don't need a distraction/over complicating.





No comments:

Post a Comment