Friday 25 January 2019

New Info Guide Ideas/Development

Since I wasn't happy with how my publication/info guide tests looked physically, I have decided to re-design the whole thing again in a different approach. I started by researching into interesting leaflet/fold out brochure ideas and then begun to create my own test fold outs using paper to see which worked best. I created some rectangle shaped tests, however the square shaped ones remained more interesting and relevant to the brief (square shaped like condom wrappers).

The final idea that I have decided to go with takes its inspiration from the size of a Durex condom wrapper (5.5cm by 5.5.cm) peers also mentioned that this test/idea was the most interesting out of the bunch. I created 3 further tests using this layout and size, the first test works like a concertina book that contains content on both sides (double sided). The second test focuses on working as a concertina that folds out bigger into another strip. The third test focuses on opening up into a rectangle from the original 5.5cm square.

Fold out brochure tests

Further test 1: Double sided concertina

Further test 2: One sided fold out concertina

Further test 3

I decided to use the double sided concertina idea/test as the size and layout for my final book (Further test 1) myself and my peers agreed that it was the best out of the 3, mainly because it is simple and effective, meaning that it is easiest for the reader to understand and read.

Furthermore, I thought it would be interesting to create a cover for the concertina book to slot into, relating to how condoms are covered/protected with a wrapper. 

I created some simple tests for the cover, the cover will be slightly bigger than the concertina so that it can fit inside, also because I still want stickers to be a part of the book; either inside the cover with the concertina or somehow attached to the concertina. Additionally, I want the final cover to have a zig zag edge at the opening, in the same way a condom wrapper has zig zag edges.




Zig zag edges


No comments:

Post a Comment