Wednesday 16 January 2019

Publication/Info Guide Development

In order to develop the Durex publication further, I felt that I needed new material as to begin with I was using the same photographs that I used for the posters- this meant that it became a bit repetitive and that the photographs weren't original to the posters. I decided to do another photoshoot which tackles the same concept of making carrying a condom the 'norm' in every day life, the photographs were shot in a more subtle, casual way. Where as the posters play more on the use of clever imagery.

In each photograph, a condom is used/placed in an everyday scenario, such as; in a pocket, in a bag, along side other objects that go in a bag, scattered in the background, held in a hand with keys etc etc. I am really happy with how these photographs turned out. The layout of the publication was changed to a square shape which takes its references from a condom packet, each page also follows a square grid. Each page also follows a different layout for a more quirky/less basic aesthetic, whilst still sticking to a square grid.

Additionally, the cover uses the typography that I created using condoms which spells out the hashtag that will appear throughout my publication 'Make it the norm'. Also, I wanted to make the publication bright and fresh as the target audience for the brief is late teens/young adults (16-24), moving forward I want to emphasise the bright, young aesthetic.

I also think the first page after the cover needs a lot of developing- the first page contains a message that appears on the brief sheet 'Durex is the liberator of good sex. They believe good sex is a human right. Durex on a mission to break the conventions. Through providing the products to liberate everyone to have the sex they want on their own terms. And part of having good sex is having the right protection'

I felt that this message was an appropriate introduction as it is short and sweet, it also informs the reader on Durex's main aims without being over complicated and long. The heart shape refers back to the theme of safe love.

The first two images below show contact sheets of all of the photographs that I took today.




Cover

First opening page- needs development








No comments:

Post a Comment