Friday 25 January 2019

Concertina Book Development

Since I know that I want to take the concertina book idea further for my brochure. I have started to put the text and photographs from the first publication into it. Since the concertina book is smaller, I have taken out some of the information and reduced it to the information that is most important and relevant from the article that I got the content from (the same article used in the first publication, provided by Durex)

The concertina is made up of 7 double sided pages so 14 separate pages altogether. However, I have left the last page of the front side blank so that the stickers can go there. I either want the 3 stickers to fold out using one strip of sticker paper that folds back into the page dimensions (5.5cm by 5.5cm) or I want each sticker to be separately stuck on the back page with perforated edges so that the reader can rip each sticker out, or I could also keep the stickers and concertina book separate since they will be in slotted into the same cover.

Additonally, I decided to take the illustrative white lines off from the photographs as I felt that they were unnecessary and distracting. Also the photographs are a lot smaller now which means the details of each photograph would be hard to see with the lines on top.

First mockup

After the first mockup, I decided to develop the front cover for the concertina book. The cover uses the same type that I made using condoms on the first publication that I created. I developed the type further using colour; the 4 colours take their references from the colours of popular Durex condom flavours. I also used these 4 colours for the text on each page.

Additionally, I experimented with the composition of the type on the cover in order to make it look more quirky and fun so it is more eye catching and relevant for the young target audience.




Back pages

Front pages

I printed the concertina book to see what it looks like physically. I am a lot happier with how it has developed from the first publication that I created, this concept and design is a lot more fun and interesting. Next I will create the designs for the cover that the concertina and stickers will slot into.







No comments:

Post a Comment