Saturday 19 January 2019

Further Publication Development

I have started to develop the Durex publication/information guide further, I asked for advice from peers on how to develop it further as well as working on it and tweaking it the way I wanted.

I started with developing the cover as I felt that the typography looked a little out of place. The typography used spells the hashtag that appears throughout the campaign (Make it the norm) that I created using actual condoms. I felt that the condom typography was too different to the photograph behind. I decided to create outlines of the typography which I then filled with a solid cover, this worked much better and looks a lot quirkier which is what I was aiming for. The solid colour also links with the white outlines around the photographs.

I decided that the photographs needed something more line/vector based added into them in order to link them to the vector shape badge designs that I created for the campaign. I have added subtle white line shapes to each photograph using the pen tool to make them look quirkier and a bit more interesting, creating a younger/more fun aesthetic which is suitable for the target audience. 

Peer feedback also mentioned that some of the text pages looked a little empty as there was often a lot of white space around the text. Comments mentioned that I could combine some of the texts from 2/3 pages into one page for example, in order for the pages to look more full. This comment was extremely useful and worked effectively when I combined the text from a couple of pages into 1 or 2 pages instead. The amount of pages is now down from 9 to 7 (including cover and intro page). 

Peer feedback also mentioned that adding headings would be useful too, so that the reader knows what each section is going to be about. I have added headings where relevant, this helps to break up the sections, the larger heading text also looks effective with the smaller chunks of text.

Original cover

Cover edited with black solid cover typography

Final cover (so far) using white solid colour for typography

Intro page

First page

Second page

Third page

Fourth page

Fifth page

No comments:

Post a Comment