Saturday 19 January 2019

Social Media Development

I have decided that I also want to create social media elements for my campaign as well as the badges/stickers, posters and informative publication. The campaign is aimed at 16-24 year olds so social media is extremely relevant and important as this age group is constantly online or on their phones.

At the moment I have created some initial Instagram page mockups that promote the campaign and provide key information about it. The first page displays how the Instagram page could look when you first visit it, the icon uses the logo that Durex have provided for this brief.

The bio uses an intro/paragraph that is also used on the home page of the Durex website: ''We are the world's number one manufacturer of condoms, so we like to think we know what we're talking about. With over 80 years' experience in the sexual health industry, Durex has finely tuned our condoms to create a comfortable fit and ultimately, a safe sexual experience.' This helps to  tie the Instagram page in with the website:

This page uses the photographs that I took myself which are used in the publication as well as photographs of the popular condoms that are purchased from the Durex website.

The second page mockup shows an example of a post. This page uses the same concept and photograph used for one of my posters with the hashtag #MakeItTheNorm, promoting the concept of carrying a condom just like making a cup of tea.

Additionally, the third mockup shows an advert that could appear onto someones timeline with a link to the Durex Instagram page. The mockup uses the same design as one of the illustrative badges that I created, I think a subtle form of advertisement works well as I often see these types of adverts on my personal Instagram account when scrolling through my timeline.

I will develop these further through peer feedback and research, I will aim to create maybe 4-6 Instagram mockups. I also think making some of the elements/posts animated would be really interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment